It’s no secret that everyone likes a little recognition every once in a while. For kids especially, it can be a deciding factor when considering if they want to stay with an activity or not. That’s why having a well-established sports recognition program is key to keeping your athletes motivated.
Awards & Engraving, your local Baytown awards shop, is sharing a few things to keep in mind when putting together your program.
- Keep it positive – Acknowledging a job well done is always great but be sure to avoid negative comments about others.
- Encourage participation – The more people that get involved, the more fun it will be!
- Be specific – Instead of just saying “good job,” try to include what they did that was praiseworthy.
- Make it visual – People love seeing their names in lights, so consider making a big deal out of announcing winners.
- Keep notes throughout the season on each player’s progress to help you recognize individual effort and improvement.
- Make it regular – Make recognition a part of each practice and game. Highlight someone who’s improving, demonstrates good sportsmanship, or who made the big play!
- Get the Parents Involved – Have parents capture action shots of kids that you can distribute with their awards.
- Plan an event – Plan an end-of-season event where players can relax and have fun with their teammates.
- Leave no one out – When presenting the award, share a specific comment on each child.
Awards & Engraving has made it easy for coaches, parents, and league organizers to set up a meaningful sports recognition program. We offer a wide range of specialty trophies, medals, and awards that can be personalized with your message. Located in Baytown, TX, the Awards & Engraving team can help you find the perfect award for your program. Stop by today and let them help you get started on your recognition program!